The Junior Software Developer will be involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Providing third-level support to business users.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with a strong desire to learn
Core Competency Requirements
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Familiarity with version control concepts
Preferred Competency Requirements
- Experience in SQL plus 2 or more programming languages, (Php, Python, mobile applications Development)
- Knowledge of client/server application development
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of unit testing theory.