- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Design and develop new software applications.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Understanding and supporting existing systems.
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Present and implement developed software applications at client sites.
- Contribute actively to innovations of new products and improvement of existing systems.
- Proven work experience in software engineering for at least 1 year
- Mastery in software engineering tools.
- Proficient in Mysql. Oracle, Postgres, Redis and any other database related will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (PhP, Perl, ASP.net etc) and atleast two web services (SOAP, RESTFUL, XML-RPC etc).
- Well Conversant with at least one object oriented programming language (C#, Java, C++ etc), UNIX operating system and with MVC architecture
- Experienced in using code version technologies eg Git, SVN etc, writing test cases, Scrum/Agile software development methodologies
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills, staying up to date with the latest trends and are excited to learn new languages, tools, and best practices.
- Advanced system administration skills (including networking).
- Comfortable in working on a linux based environment.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications and well versed with software development documentation tools.
- Familiar with agile methodology.
- Conversant with Payments Systems integration (Mobile money and Card systems).
- Familiar with VAS services (SMS, shortcodes, MT, MO etc), messaging gateways (eg Kannel).
- Ability and willingness to learn fast in a rapidly changing environment.
- Enjoy collaborating, problem-solving, and being part of a team environment
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision
- Mobile applications development (Android, IOS or Windows).
- CISCO, CCNA certification.
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider.
- ML and AI knowledge will be an added benefit.