- Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production
- Ensure effective stock purchase, its receipt and storage
- Supervise performance of kitchen staff to ensure proper activity
- Perform other administrative tasks as will be communicated by superiors
- Ensure that required standards are adhered to in the production and preparation of food – in quality, quantity and safety
- Ensure all complaints, inquiries, and suggestions by customers are attended to accordingly
- Give appropriate support or guidance to members of kitchen when need arises
- Ensure all dishes are prepared according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size, and temperature
- Partly responsible for the preparation of kitchen cleaning rosters and the supervision of cleaning schedules
- Prepare substitute items
- Ensure that the kitchen staff work harmoniously in order to ensure timely production of quality foods
- Ensure proper arrangement and garnishing of food
- Manage food logs
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food prepared
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training employee cooks
- A Diploma in Hotel Operations would be ideal
- Excellent in guest interaction and F&B related promotions
- Sound Operational referrals from previous employers
- Sound knowledge in purchasing and inventory management..
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in HotelWiz.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency in Kitchen Management and well versed in food costing & controls.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.