The junior developer will work with our clients to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, workflows, user/data interfaces, integrations). The incumbent will represent the company's overall business strategy and work to implement positive change in the daily work environment.
- Configure and/or customize business applications to meet business requirements using various database and software tools
- Assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments. Drives systems adoption by business users.
- Enhance and create user and system documentation as needed
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications.
- Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and/or database components.
- Perform data modelling to analyse and specify data structures within an application system
- Developing database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to specifications
- Implementing and testing database design and functionality and tuning for performance
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications.
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- All Systems project schedules are completed as per agreed timeframes, scope & budgets
- All systems must pass both the Quality Assurance and User Acceptance tests (97% first time)
- Information accuracy at a minimum of 99.95%.
- 95% of all developed applications and reports should meet 95% of the user requirements specified in the user requirement document. Nil critical errors.
- 80+% of systems documentation are up-to-date and accurate
- Minimum Base Line Standards defined by the security and audit team implemented and maintained in accordance with the set IT best practice.
- 90% of all escalated support issues are resolved and closed within SLAs defined by Service desk.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or technical-related field
- Certified Solution Developer e.g. Java, Microsoft etc.
- Certification in Oracle Database (PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional).
- 1 years’ experience in applications development, which includes system customization and report designs.
- 1+ Years development experience with Oracle PL/SQL development.
TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of web servers and application servers e.g. Apache, IIS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Knowledge in data warehousing, business analytics, knowledge in Business Systems Modeling and data retrieval
- Have knowledge of Mobile infrastructure, Internet technologies, e-commerce and e-payment technologies
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Unix user skills.
- Understanding of relational database theory and practice
- Communication skills
- Building Relationships
- Focuses on the Customers 4. Develops Self
- Solves Problems