Job Title: Kajiado County Sales Executive
Location: Field-based sales in Kajiado County; office located in Machakos town
Hours: 45 hours per week
Compensation: Salary + commissions negotiable based on previous experience.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2019
Acacia Innovations Ltd. is a fast-growing startup which provides environmentally friendly and cost-saving cooking and fuel solutions for schools and small businesses. We manufacture and distribute Kuni Safi briquettes, a nearly smokeless alternative to firewood made from sugarcane waste, as well as institutional energy saving cookstoves. We are the largest supplier of clean cooking fuels to schools in Kenya, with 480+ school customers. We are internationally recognized as a Winner of the Start-Up Energy Transition Award sponsored by the German Government and as a recipient of Energy and Environment Project grant from the Nordic Development Fund.
We are seeking a mature, sophisticated, and experienced field-based sales executive to grow our sales of Kuni Safi briquettes in Kajiado County. This position is well suited to someone with extensive field-based institutional sales experience and a professional network. Sales executives will work mostly in the field, with office work limited to customer phone calls and reporting. The ideal candidate should have a strong track record of meeting sales targets and be highly motivated, target-driven, a persuasive negotiator and confident in speaking with high-level decision makers such as school principals and hotel owners. They will be based out of a new branch office in Machakos Town, set to open in January 2020.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate leads and cold-call leads provided by company; educate potential customers about Kuni Safi.
- Identify schools, restaurants, hotels, and hospitals with large consumption of firewood or charcoal.
- Contact potential institutional customers by phone, email, or visit.
- Perform simple demonstrations of Kuni Safi briquettes (with assistance from Kuni Safi staff).
- Actively solicit orders with a starting target of 30+ tons (20-25 institutional customers) and 10+ institutional cookstoves per month.
- Negotiate purchase orders according to pricing requirements.
- Ensure that all institutional customers understand the terms of the agreement and payment expectations.
- Secure orders and communicate all orders received to the company.
- Assist in the collection of payment as necessary.
- Maintain thorough communication with Acacia Innovations staff and potential customers.
- Track all potential customers and closed deals on the templates provided by Acacia Innovations.
- Respond in a timely manner to all phone calls within 12 hours and emails within 24 hours.
- Contribute to sales strategy and develop new sales channels.
- Recommend improvements to the sales strategy and process to the Sales Director and CEO.
- Recommend and develop potential partnerships with NGOs, government agencies, and complimentary businesses to grow sales.
- Exercise creativity in the sales process to improve your conversion rate.
- Strong track record in field-based sales- demonstrable results of meeting 80-100% of sales goals per month, as confirmed by your references
- 2-5+ years of experience selling to large institutions, ideally schools and/or hotels
- Existing professional network of school/restaurant/hotel owners and administrators in Kajiado County
- Excellent at sales mathematics and comfortable discussing pricing and cost savings
- Highly confident and presentable in dealing with school administrators and business owners
- Strong and persuasive negotiator
- Able to work independently; very motivated
- Target-driven; able to realistically set and meet goals
- Excited to work for a start-up and contribute to building a new sales strategy
- Excellent and professional verbal and written communication abilities
- Competent at basic computer and internet programs including Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interest in improving people’s lives and our environment
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili; Maasai preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license
What We Offer:
- Excellent prospects for career growth with a high-potential start-up
- Flexible working hours and locations
- An opportunity to create professional contacts and interact with high-level decision makers
- A chance to make a positive impact while generating significant income
To Apply: Submit:
- Cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in this position
- 2-page CV
Hard copies of the application will not be accepted at the office. No canvassing please!