ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/840dee351
The Chief of Staff (CoS) will be an essential part of a leadership team that manages the largest program in One Acre Fund and one of the largest social enterprises in Africa. The Kenya program serves over 395,000 clients, manages over $50m in loans and over 3,000 staff. By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
The Chief of Staff will report directly to Country Leadership. In this role, you will to drive results, advise senior leadership, shape organizational culture and make your colleagues better at their jobs.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Strategic Planning. Develop relationships with Kenya Division Heads and work with them and Country Leadership to coordinate countrywide strategic planning
- Lead Internal Communications. Maintain a regular touchpoint with the Global Internal Communications Lead and take the lead role on internal comms for the Kenya program
- Improve Team Culture and Performance. Work with the Kenya People Director to manage and accelerate projects that can improve Kenya wide team culture and performance
- Support Senior Recruiting. Work with the Country Leadership team to provide support for Director and Senior Director recruiting and support overall countrywide recruiting.
- Lead Important Strategic Projects. Take full ownership of projects that have countrywide strategic importance but do not fit into a current division's scope of responsibilities.
- Government Relations Liaison. Be the liaison point between all program teams and Kenya’s government relations (GR) team to improve coordination and outcomes.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking candidates with 5+ years of work experience as a manager or director in a fast-growing organization and a propensity for innovation. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 6+ years of experience total and 3+ years of experience in senior management roles that required significant coordination, communications and people related experience.
- Motivated by helping others. This role is not about individual achievements but about supporting leadership and the broader Kenya team.
- Strong collaboration skills and proficient at understanding the motivations of different groups and teams and supporting them to work together.
- Ability to work independently managing oneself in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Humility. We are looking for a passionate professionals who combines strong leadership skills with good humor, patience and a humble approach to service and interested in joining our family of leaders.
- A passion for One Acre Fund’s program and the desire to advance our mission based on a genuine and humble commitment to serving the poor
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
- Language: English required
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 35% from another location of your choice
Consistent with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.