About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/2967e22a1
The Data Analytics Team mines client and staff-level data to draw out meaningful insights that enable the different departments and leadership teams to make better informed, data-driven decisions for greater impact to our clients. Our key activities include;
- Design and deliver Business Intelligence dashboards that give meaningful insights on performance at different stages of the program e.g. enrolment, prepayment, repayment and product adoption
- Support Data Analysis needs of strategic program initiatives
- Provide ad-hoc data requests and analytical services based on specific use-cases scoped out by different departments
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
Data Capture and Analysis
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to build data user stories that determine and address data, analysis and reporting needs for various department projects.
- Translate the different data user stories into statistical data models (such as regression and predictive models) that respond to stakeholders’ data analysis and reporting needs.
- Draw meaningful insights from data by using effective methods to track patterns, classify and/or associate different data sets.
- Extract, Aggregate, Transform (using a statistical computing programming language such as R/Python) and Load alternative data sets onto dashboards in excel and other visualization tools
Data Visualization and Reporting
- Prepare reports and share key takeaways and recommendations with the key stakeholders, this would include creating data dashboards, graphs, and infographics for presenting findings for ongoing reports
- Proactively work with departments to ensure that the reports provided are tailored to their priorities and support their decision-making requirements.
- Use data visualizations tools (such as PowerBI) to build data flows and share meaningful insights with the different departments - An ideal candidate should be able to integrate excel, R and different custom data connectors to the visualization tools
- Aggregate different data sets and infographics into a weekly email newsletter and communicate it to the relevant departments
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional individual with a background in data science, statistics, actuarial science, computer science or a related field with an intermediate level of knowledge on Data Extraction, Transformation (using a statistical computing programming language such as R/Python), Loading and Visualization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science or any other related fields
- At least one year experience in a data science/analytics/analysis role or equivalent position
Professional Skill Requirement:
- Fluency with R mandatory. Familiarity with Python and other data transformation programming languages preferred.
- Fluency with using SQL/ NoSQL to pull and edit data from databases and/or data warehouse
- Experienced in statistical data modeling
- Fluency with data visualization tools (PowerBI is highly preferred) is an added advantage.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.