About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Human Resources team works to ensure that all staff are looked after through every stage of the employee life-cycle and where there are gaps, we seek to plug them through innovative solutions. With well-established and highly functional payroll systems in place, One Acre Fund employees will be free to excel in their work and to maximize the impact One Acre Fund can have on the lives of the smallholder farmers that we work with.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direction for implementation of new payroll processes.
- Recommend changes around the payroll system to meet operational requirements.
- Provide training on implementing payroll programs to the HR Associates.
- Assign duties and responsibilities to the Payroll Administrator.
- Supervise and provide assistance for the day to day payroll function.
- Monitor and evaluate Payroll staff.
- Perform checks of Payroll Registers.
- Evaluate payroll deadlines and monitor staff meeting the deadlines.
- Maintain good communication within the Payroll sub department.
- Positively viewed and has the support of those with whom you work most directly in carrying out your responsibilities.
- Actively demonstrate and subscribe to the OAF practice of leadership.
- Provide representation on external bodies which align with roles and responsibilities of the position and demonstrate a benefit to the organization.
- At no time discuss, in public, information pertaining to employees or the operation of the department. The Payroll Coordinator is expected to respect the confidential nature of the position by avoiding discussion about any topics that are not formally communicated.
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field.
- 1- 2 year experience in the Payroll office of a large organization
- Excellent skills in using MS Excel, word.
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated
- Knowledge of Kenyan Employment and Labor laws.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Confidence working with numbers.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Team player.
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.