ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APPLY ON THIS LINK PROVIDED HERE: https://grnh.se/269ffe5b1
We are seeking a leader who can be part of the Procurement team, support standardized processes, implement with sustained quality improvements, and drive 5% of purchasing cost out of the system.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Manage day to day Execution
- Manage the procurement store process by ensuring that items are safely stored and dispatched as per SLA
- Ensuring that the store process follows the setup system use and real-time update of the stocks
- Ensuring store control processes are followed eg stock takes and opening and closing time schedules.
- Reviewing stock controls on a regular basis and advising management on the changes that need to be updated
- Reviewing stock levels and ensuring replenishment orders for stocks are done and the weekly supply planning cycle is followed.
- Ensure that the transport cost is managed by ensuring only approved costs are spent on and cross charged to the requesting departments.
- Managing the courier contract by ensuring the flow of items in and out of KHQ and ensuring courier costs are cross charged to departments.
- Ensure stocks that are delivered to the organization are of good quality by ensuring QC process is done effectively
- Ensure follow up of items flagged as non-compliant in the QC process are replaced or reimbursed.
- Manage three direct reports while providing support to them for operational purchases and career development including staff in remote offices (Kisii, Nyeri, Nairobi)
- Prepare career road maps for staff directly managed by you to ensure that the growth plans are clear and support for continuous development.
- Have career chats with your team and ensure that you communicate expectations and development areas.
- Ensure timely delivery of staff PDR and development plans.
- Support team to perform high-quality service and support to local teams.
- Manage the staff check-ins and development plans
- Work with multi-national staff and suppliers
Defined Processes and Team Vision
- Set up stores and QC mechanisms and systems by incorporating best practices and identifying strong, long-term internal and external customer relationships
- Map out current operations practices to identify and implement cost- and time-saving improvements
- Standardized practices to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service
- Set a 0-6 month vision for the support services teams to realize 5% efficiency improvement, communicate realistic lead times to requestors, and deliver with 100% accuracy in quality and timeliness
- Represent the sourcing team in meetings as assigned by your manager
- Support the sourcing team is meeting the country program’s needs
- Represent OAF with external stakeholders and suppliers
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required
- People management with at least 1 person under the direct supervision
- People or project management experience at work or outside of work
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems
- Ability to independently structure analysis related to sourcing subject matter
- A passion for world-class customer service
- Strong communication skills with suppliers, reports, peers, and management
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Application Deadline: 10th October 2019
Preferred Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Duration: Full-time job.
Benefits: Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.