ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/c133c9e91
We are looking for experienced health, safety, and security professional to play a key role in the Kenya Corporate Operations Department. We believe that our team is our greatest and most valuable asset. We also understand that our locations of work can at times pose heightened risks. Given this, we prioritize investing in the safety, security, and well-being of our team, and so see this as role as absolutely critical to the success of the organization.
The Health, Safety and Security Specialist will be a key deputy to the Global HSS Manager and will work closely with the Global HSS team to develop and implement the Kenya HSS strategy and vision. S/he will collaboratively deliver this strategy through simple, effective and scalable systems to proactively mitigate risk and improve our preparedness to keep our staff safe and healthy. S/he will also be responsible for contributing to the response to any situations that do arise, such as staff injury in the field or liaising with local authorities in the aftermath of security incidents.
The specific goals of this role are to:
- Further, develop relationships with local security stakeholders and independently expand a network of information sources to update the security information gathering tracker;
- Hold regular (weekly) check-ins with Global HSS to discuss findings and determine necessary security communications strategy;
- Provide weekly security updates to country leadership;
- Develop an understanding of the threshold for sending out ad-hoc security alerts to country staff, and able to draft and send updates with minimal Global HSS involvement;
- Ensure the implementation of safety and security minimum standards compliance at all office/residence locations;
- Complete security assessment checklists and develop recommended risk mitigation measures with some guidance from Global HSS;
- Act as a primary or secondary responder to security incidents involving all staff during office hours, and escalating incident response management to CRO/HSS leadership when necessary;
- May be required to provide after-hours support on an ad-hoc basis to staff involved in medical/security incidents;
- Provide security-related on-boarding and other security-related training to selected staff.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 5+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Experience implementing security management strategies for organizations of similar size/scope to One Acre Fund.
- Experience in a role that requires action as a first responder to security/medical incidents.
- Experience working closely with local authorities.
- Strong educational background - a bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English & Swahili fluency required.
- 5+ years’ work experience.
PREFERRED START DATE
30th March 2020
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya. Kenyans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org).