About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED ONLY THROUGH THIS LINK, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/2224ab451
The Tablet Coordinator will be central to the organizational shift from the traditional manual system to the Mobile system. You will be the primary contact with the Field Team and other departments to ensure timely and efficient set up of mobile devices to be used by Field staff. You will also assist the department in developing tools for ITO Mobile service requests.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tablet Support:
- Primary contact for Mobile/Tablet issues – Hardware and Software.
- First point of contact for escalation of mobile/tablet support issues
- Test and implement mobile/tablet setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance standards for use in the organization.
- Test and implement Mobile/Tablet management for the organization.
- Test and implement Mobile/Tablet inventory management techniques for the organization.
- Test and implement the Mobile/Tablet enrollment procedure to enable tablet enrollment.
- Act as a department liaison:
- Work closely with Mobile Team Lead to plan and coordinate mobile/tablet setup and configuration activities.
- Heavy coordination with Program Innovation and Field Operations staff to review usability, features, issues, and feedback.
- Heavy coordination with other departments to review feature/function changes and to streamline device setup.
- Coordinating with other departments regarding Mobile/Tablet Purchase, setup, configuration and maintenance.
- Manage/Coordinate Mobile/Tablet hardware/software requests from other departments.
- Documentation and reporting:
- Follow and write mobile support documentation regarding processes, setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Keep track of problems and repairs by logging all tasks performed and provide for check-ins.
- Daily interface with the Mobile Device Management team for reporting and identification of issues.
- Compile weekly reports as determined by the Mobile Team Lead and program needs.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking one exceptional professional with 1-2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the IT field preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in a busy IT environment.
- Ability to observe field execution and draw process improvements.
- Ability to draw the right balance between efficiency and cost savings as a benchmark for process improvements.
- Great communication skills. Particularly the ability to tailor information to match an audience.
- Ability to connect day to day work with broader OAF mission.
- Good organizational skills and exceptional at multitasking.
- Ability to translate Department Objective Key Results to personal goals.
- Ability to work independently to meet project objectives in time.
- Great IT device troubleshooting skills
- Conversant with Android OS
- Conversant with Google Play Store, Google Chrome, Google Suite, Google scripts and Google sheets.
- Willing to live in Kakamega.
- Strong communication (written and oral).
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com).