Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 16 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed home broadband, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G, 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 413 million customers across its operations at the end of March 2018.
Airtel Kenya wishes to recruit for the position of Key Account Manager – Public Sector, within the Enterprise Division. Reporting to the Head of Public Sector Sales, the incumbent’s role will include;
- Sales: Meet and exceed given sales quota within an assigned portfolio of government and public sector accounts
- Business Development: Develop key relationships at both national and county governments to drive solutions that are innovative and provide value relative to the customer’s respective business needs
- Portfolio management: Responsible for overall account strategy & management to improve quality of relationships, product penetration, revenue share, supplier status and ranking
- Advocate: Serve as customer advocate, accountable for escalation and proper customer positioning on all issues pertaining to customer satisfaction
- Documentation: Ensure that all account plans, organizational charts, account information and related documentation are current and on file record
- Contract life cycle management: Provide overall management of new, existing portfolio and information relative to the customers including legal, product pricing, commercial management relative to contract agreements, price books, pricing tools, one-off deal specific bids, etc.
- Reporting: Ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting in sales pipeline management, all regular and ad hoc sales reports as and when required
- Undergraduate Degree in business related field or economics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in consultative selling, handling high value opportunities
- Working experience in Telecoms, ICT, ISP, Banking or related industry
- Good experience in managing complex solutions and government procurement
- Good knowledge on work processes in both National and County Government
Competencies and behavior
- Proactive, self-driven, energetic, resourceful and creative with experience of dealing with public sector
- Good presentation skills, able to project a strong, positive image of self and the Company
- Build good customer relationships at all levels to maximize Airtel Business’ ability
- Able to deliver professional sales presentation, proposals and reports. High Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a strong team player with a commitment to value-based leadership.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.