Reporting to: National Sales Manager
Department/Division: Sales & Marketing
Manages sales of the company’s products within Tier 11 Key Account Chains Countrywide, ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of Key Account Reps & Merchandisers. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings by implementing sales & marketing plans for the Specific Chains to ensure no gaps exist.
Principle Accountabilities / Responsibility
- Achieve the overall yearly sales target as per the sales budget in a consistent monthly, quarterly, biannual and finally annual manner
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization’s presence throughout the assigned Chains Countrywide.
- Assist in the development of the annual sales plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion program plans.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, etc.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and targets and administer the sales plan.
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding customer base including carrying out market audits to validate support by Key Account Chains, Branch wise
- Increasing business opportunities through various opportunities available in the Chains, both store wise & on-line routes to market
- Payment Collection
- Develop and manage budget for the team
- Prepare timely management reports and present to the management or technical committee
- Compiling and analyzing sales figures
- Collecting customer feedback and market research, keeping up to date with products and competitors
- Inspire and foster team commitment, develop the ability of the team and manage performance to deliver exceptional level of organization objectives and goals
- To perform any other duty as assigned in line with the organization goals and objective
- Sales value
- Sales volume
- Business growth
- Customer satisfaction
- Employee productivity
- Payment collection
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in a business related course
- 3-5 years’ experience in sales with a bias in FMCG.
- Planning and Organizing
- Leadership & Management
- Problem solving
- Safety focus
- Business improvement
- Business awareness
- Customer focus
- Quality focus