Villa Rosa Kempinski
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned place of work, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and Kempinski in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction, ensure all rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP, ensure that outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times. The incumbent will report to Stewarding Supervisor.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensurre that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Perform general cleaning duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Report failures and malfunctioning equipment directly and act responsible with all provided operating equipment and machinery.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate safety shoes and nametag at all times.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Clean and wash dishes according to the established standards of performance.
- Clean and wash pots, pans and other kitchen equipment according to the established standards of performance.
- Ensure that all garbage regulations i.e separation of items as well as the assigned garbage runs.
- Have the knowledge of all cleaning procedures, use of dishwashing machines and the type of chemicals being used.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Secondary School Certificate.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Stewarding role
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Flexible in terms of scheduling
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- To be able to stand and walk all day
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.