The ideal candidate must have a
minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a Knocked Down Engineering unit
leader in the automotive industry. He/she will be required to receive and
analyze documents from CKD vehicles kit suppliers and supervising jig
manufacturing of new CKD models.
- Receive and analyse documents from CKD vehicles kit suppliers.
- Create/update data in the system for CKD vehicle models.
- Order for new special tools and auxiliary materials for new CKD models.
- Assemble and file the process sheets (manuals) for production use.
- Train the operators on how to interpret the manuals and drawings.
- Participate and sign off jigs tuning where applicable every time a new pack is started in BIW.
- Sign-off the first unit in every batch by assisting the operators through the process.
- Carry out vehicle audit on the first finished unit of a new CKD model.
- Update both master and line manuals using received engineering change notes/bulletins.
- Receive and study advance packing list/EHA data from CKD kit suppliers.
- Compare advance packing list/EHA data with the updated bill of material for a model.
- Communicate to the kit supplier for any variance between advance packing lists/EHA data and BOM and/or raise claims as may be necessary.
- Draft addition/deletion or KD change requests and forward to the local franchise holder for approval.
- Create/update parts pick lists to be used in unpacking, BIW, paint plant and assembly.
- Receive reports of failures or misfits from the operating areas and attend to them as necessary.
- Liaise with both local and overseas suppliers on kit and documentation issues.
- Support management elaborating a quality control plan suitable for automotive assembly.
- Following an inspection on special tools in assembly line reporting all relevant incompliances.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a relevant field.
- Must have to experience in the automotive sector i.e. Heavy commercial Vehicles.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years proven experience as a Knocked Down Engineering unit leader in the automotive industry.
- Proven experience and knowledge in advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have a driving licence BCE.
- Must be open to relocating.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English.
- Must be organized, pro-active and autonomous and enjoy teamwork.
- Must have the capacity to lead a team.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh.100,000 – 200,000 (Approx. 1000 – 2000 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 5th September 2019.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but
unfortunately, high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do
not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on
this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles
so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your
skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***