Our success is built with the efforts of our employees and support of our management.
Grounded in our core values; Integrity, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Innovation & Creativity, Professionalism, Corporate Social Responsibility.
KEPHIS is committed to be the employer of choice. We always seek to identify, engage and retain best talent to take up variety of roles.
KEPHIS provide the employees with opportunities for growth and development and reward those who are devoted to perform their best.
KEPHIS, a State Corporation in the Agricultural Sector invites applications from qualified Kenyans for the following positions:
2. Laboratory Technologist (3 positions) - Ref: VA/2/12/2018
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Identification of plants, seeds, pests, diseases and weeds.
- Preparation of laboratory analysis reports and data.
- Sampling and sample handling for quality analysis.
- Undertake tissue culture activities
- Maintenance of reference collections.
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Maintenance of accreditation and ISO certification.
- Diploma in applied biology, plant pathology, entomology, biotechnology, molecular biology, seed technology or its equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya.
- Degree in relevant technical area is an added advantage
- At least 1 year experience.
- Experience on analysis using modern tools.
- Ability to identify plants, seeds, pests, diseases and weeds.
- Knowledgeable of basic equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Knowledge in tissue culture activities
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office packages.
- Data analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team with minimum supervision.
- Experience with laboratory Quality Management system.
- Compliance requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to apply online through KEPHIS website (www.kephis.org) by 31st January, 2019.
Use only one method of application: online through the KEPHIS website.
- Online Recruitment Portal:http://22.214.171.124:8085/erecruitment/
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; duly filled employment application form, certified copies of the relevant certificates; national identity card; clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.