Position Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Coordinate, monitor and inspect work of construction contractor for the project.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Responsible for start-up, follow-up and closing meetings with client or tenant for schedule updates, direction and or changes on a regular basis throughout life of project.
- Act as liaison between the head office and the contractors on site.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Conduct on site observation and spot checks on work progress.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor and report any deficiencies to the head office.
- Provide reports on all site matters.
- Prepare all documents related to survey.
- Maintain job site files, documents, reports and daily work logs; prepare periodic reports for the head office.
- Attend all site meetings with home owners, residents and contractors.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays on projects.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Overseeing the work of contractors and ensuring quality and timeliness of their works.
- Scheduling work and allocating resources, quality control and completion according to the schedule
- Project scoping and costing, progress reporting and end of project reviews.
- People skills; to develop and evolve good client, supplier and staff relationships
- Performs general construction management duties, as assigned.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
The job holder must possess:
- A University Degree in Project Management or related built environment field (i.e. construction management, Architecture, Building Economics or Civil Engineering, Land or Engineering Survey).
- One-year solid field construction experience required; civil or commercial or residential field experience acceptable.
- Ability to effectively communicate with tenants, architects, field personnel, and the diverse project teams.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and project organization skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally and manage and meet project deadlines and budgets.
- Strong technical competency with extensive knowledge in project management.
- Competence in Computer packages: MsWord, Ms Excel, Ms Project,Ms PowerPoint, Auto CAD and Arch CAD.