JOB ADVERT: LEAD AGRONOMIST POSITION
We are a company that exports fresh produce located in Nairobi seeking to recruit an experienced agronomist.
Reports to: Managing Director
- Prepare routine and special reports to production staff, management and regulatory agencies as required such as analytical results as well as advising and guiding management on areas of improvement based on the data collected
- Ensuring the produce meets both the local and EU requirements including produce quality safety, legality and authenticity.
- Budget plan on the production process and develop a clear production for plan the regions
- Recruiting, training and supervising the technical assistants
- Coordination of international accreditation standards e.g. GLOBAL.GAP
- Developing and/reviewing working/operational standards needed for core agricultural operations
- Implement performance monitoring and evaluation system
- Offers technical support and advisory services to farmers
- As deemed necessary, carries out other tasks assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture with emphasis on agronomy, crop management or agribusiness.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar field highly desirable.
- Ability to collect and analyse field data.
- Must be willing to be hands on and fully be engaged in the field
- Must be 30 years of age and above
- Good computer knowledge: Excel and Word
- Valid driver’s licence with the ability to travel independently and long distances across the country.
- Demonstrate PR and interpersonal skills, leadership skills, supervisory skills and strategic planning
- Demonstrate essential abilities such as business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making, and skill development
- Practical experience in agriculture crop consulting especially working with development partners
- Ability to apply technical knowledge of the environment and legislation/public policy matters in a practical environment/ Commercial awareness.
- Confident and effective in decision making with ability in developing and implementing strategies and adapt tactfulness.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to perform complex and multiple tasks.
- Must be able and willing to work for long hours.
- Honesty and integrity
Applications should be submitted by 13th September 2019.