(the role this position reports to): Workshop Manager
(roles that report into this position): Junior Electricians
1) Ensure the safe operating of the vehicles electrical systems.
2) Ensure repairs undertaken are carried out in the correct manner.
3) Manage junior electricians, ensuring they are competent in the tasks they undertake.
4) Teach other technicians both through knowledge skill and practical diagnosis of system faults.
5) Ensure the electrical systems available to customers are functioning correctly.
6) Maintaining efficiency in the workplace.
Typical Tasks (indicative but not exhaustive)
1) Liaise with workshop manager to receive instructions on electrical repairs required for the day.
2) Report to workshop manager of any parts required.
3) Maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
4) Carry out computerized diagnostics as required.
5) To ensure charging sockets are safe and operational.
6) To make in vehicle entertainment systems fully functional at all times.
7) Regular battery maintenance is carried out.
8) Repair of ECU’s via software changes and hardware repairs.
9) To train Junior electricians.
10) Checking over of junior electricians work and making sure that it is effective and reliable.