Lead - Regional Sales Development
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Lead -Regional Sales Development role will be
- To put in place effective last mile distribution, market execution and market development measures in line with the agreed company route to market to ensure delivery of topline revenue, volume growth and numeric distribution within the assigned region as per company targets
- To champion the development and deployment of hunter’s program within the assigned region to grow managed outlets to the desired company last mile coverage targets via effective utilization of foot soldiers, Tuk-tuk and motorbikes riders
- To scale distribution of Company products from the distributor up to the last mile using allocated regional sales team, trade resources and assets to achieve regional topline growth targets.
- Work closely with sales and distribution heads and regional distributors to expand the wholesalers base and mapped outlets within the region.
- Work closely with distribution heads to ensure optimal supply of inventory from channel partners to wholesalers and down then chain to the retail level in order to meet company targets of stock availability, channel availability, numeric and weighted out of stock are achieved
- Ensure Company Sales support team have signed off and well organized and aligned Journey plans.
- Develop and deploy well optimized and efficient Fleet routes for the last mile drops within the assigned region to ensure a cost efficient and effective distribution as per company targets
- To champion sales performance tracking systems and ensure quality market execution and sales force effectiveness within the assigned region
- To engage in field rides and spend time with sales teams at the outlet level to coach, mentor and develop the sales team capability within the region
- Removing issues and roadblocks that prevent the sales team from meeting distribution, market execution sales volume, sales revenue and other targets
- Participating in business reviews with key customers and distribution partners
- Developing and deploying retail loyalty programs for the last mile chain; Negotiating terms /developing regional promotions and trade incentives with key customers and wholesalers (where relevant) to drive SKU listing and weighted distribution within the assigned region.
- Understanding the demographics, challenges and opportunities within the assigned region such that execution of national initiatives and activities can be tailored to be more successful within the region
- To champion and build capability for sales force effectiveness and market execution within the assigned region
PLACE OF WORK
- Commercial Execution Executive
- Marketing Manager.
- Trade Marketing Manager
- Lead - Key Accounts Development
- Regional Leads / Territory Sales Representatives
Key Job Deliverables
- Deliver on the Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly sales cycle company targets for distribution, Market execution metrics, sales volume and revenues within the assigned region
- Champion and deploy high impact commercial excellence execution including sales force effectiveness, FIT outlet execution, visibility, merchandising, availability and look of success to drive profitable growth of Company portfolio within the assigned region
- Responsible for championing and leading with speed and scale the effective execution of the company chosen go to market models within the assigned territory
- To champion the hunter’s program within the assigned region to grow managed outlets to the desired company coverage targets via effective utilization of foot soldiers, Tuk-tuk and motorbikes riders
- To establish a highly motivated and high-performance sales support team by inspiring and leading from the front in capability building, coaching and mentoring.
- Priority #1 – Sales, Volume, visibility and SKU distribution
- Priority #2 – Market Execution Excellence – FIT scores (Focus, Implement & Track)
- Priority #3 – Sales Force Effectiveness (Call completion, hit rate and Drop size)
- Priority #4 – Managed Outlets – Numeric & Weighted Distribution
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Education: Degree
- Language: Proficient in English and Kiswahili
- Sales and Marketing Professional Training
The successful candidate for the position will have obtained the following experience:
- Experience: Minimum 5 years in sales management within FMCG industry
- 3 years in Area Sales Management role
- People Management Experience
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL QUALITIES
In addition to the specific work experience and skills, the candidate should have the personal qualities listed below:
- Acts as a business owner is Proactive and able to foresee issues upfront and resolve them taking accountability and responsibility as the single point of contact for modern trade
- Collaborative and adaptive; able to manage and work with various stakeholders having different objectives and approaches to business
- Good in Project Management; able to run route to market projects and programs with minimum supervision, disciplined, good at planning and securing timely follow up within Deadlines.
- Self-Driven and Persistent; has a strong drive and take initiatives, able to resolve issues with speed and agility, comfortable with ambiguity, can quickly distill problems and come up with creative solutions
- Winning attitude; Has a can-do attitude, winning mindset, competitive and believes in being the best able to seek opportunities and borrow ideas and implement with speed to win in market,
- Performance driven; sets very high targets for self and team and strives hard to achieve them, goal driven and works well under pressure
- Great at building relationships; believes in partnership, goes an extra mile to assist partners achieve common goals, Good at interpersonal selling and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills; has a good command of professional English and can communicate well and effectively both orally and in writing
- Team Player; works well in teams, puts team goals ahead of personal goals, committed to team objectives and goes out of their way to ensure the team succeeds