Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Lead Modern Trade Development role will be
- To assist and support the development of long-term sustainable relationships with modern trade partners with the objective of growing presence, visibility, volume and profitability of Company products within the modern trade channel across all major towns in Kenya.
- To work closely with Company commercial teams, supply chain, finance and our distribution partners to ensure all modern trade demand is fulfilled to the best potential and ambitions of Company.
- To develop and implement business strategies and programs to drive profitable growth, loyalty and expand the footprint of Company brands across the various modern trade channels
- To identify new revenue opportunities with major Key-accounts and collaboratively in conjunction with Company commercial teams develop joint business plans with key partners to capture modern trade value and volume share within all beverage categories Company participates in.
- To develop and deploy Category Management and customer relationship management tools with top chains
Merchandisers and HoReCa Reps
- Marketing Manager.
- Trade Marketing Manager
- Finance Manager
- KAM Team.
- Key Accounts Buyers and Purchasing Managers.
Key Job Deliverables
- Develop and nature strong business relationships with Key accounts and ensure the execution of Company Portfolio to the maximum of the brands potential
- Ensure listing of Company portfolio in all major chains, top 10 towns and across all modern trade channels including Hypermarkets, supermarkets, PFMs, quick service restaurants, hotels, bars and catering
- Develop and deploy modern trade high impact market excellence metrics including visibility, merchandising, availability and look of success guidelines to drive profitable growth of Company portfolio
- Daily, weekly and monthly sales forecasting for modern trade
- Develop and deploy, category management, promotions and brand activity calendar across key modern trade accounts in consultation with Company marketing
- Development and deployment of Joint annual business plans with key chains and partners with strong KPIs and CRM performance tracking tool for ensuring all commercial programs, promotions, orders made by business partners are fulfilled
- Supporting the development of the channel marketing strategy in accordance with the Company business strategy.
- Priority #1 – Sales Revenues, Volumes, visibility, stock rotation, listing and SKU distribution within Key Accounts.
- Priority #2 – Promotion ROI review.
- Priority #3 – Sales forecast accuracy on Key Account.
- Priority #4 – Market Share within Key Accounts
- Priority #5 – Right Execution Daily scores/KPI’s
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Education: Degree
- Language: Proficient in English and Kiswahili
- Sales and Marketing Professional Training
The successful candidate for the position will have obtained the following experience:
- Experience: Minimum 5 years in FMCG industry
- 3 years in a Key account management role with good sales track record
ADDITIONAL PERSONAL QUALITIES
In addition to the specific work experience and skills, the candidate should have the personal qualities listed below:
- Acts as a business owner is Proactive and able to foresee issues upfront and resolve them taking accountability and responsibility as the single point of contact for modern trade
- Collaborative and adaptive; able to manage and work with various stakeholders having different objectives and approaches to business
- Good in Project Management; able to run modern trade projects and programs with minimum supervision, disciplined, good at planning and securing timely follow up within Deadlines.
- Self Driven and Persistent; has a strong drive and take initiatives, able to resolve issues with speed and agility, comfortable with ambiguity, can quickly distill problems and come up with creative solutions
- Winning attitude; Has a can do attitude, winning mindset, competitive and believes in being the best able to seek opportunities and borrow ideas and implement with speed to win in market,
- Performance driven; sets very high targets for self and team and strives hard to achieve them, goal driven and works well under pressure
- Great at building relationships; believes in partnership, goes and extra mile to assist partners achieve common goals, Good at interpersonal selling and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills; has a good command of professional English and can communicate well and effectively both orally and in writing
- Team Player; works well in teams, puts team goals ahead of personal goals, committed to team objectives and goes out of their way to ensure the team succeeds