Chuka University, the 9th Public University to be established in Kenya and the second Public University to be charted, located in serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from
Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following Teaching and Non-Teaching Vacancies.
E: FACULTY OF SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
• Must have an earned Ph.D. degree in the relevant area or its equivalent from a recognized academic institution. OR
• Must have a Master’s degree from a recognized academic institution.
• Must have at least three (3) years of teaching or research experience at University level after obtaining a Master’s degree.
• Must have at least two (2) publications in refereed journals or one (1) book or 2 (two) book chapters in relevant areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of a Lecturer are as follows:
• Teaching and evaluation of undergraduate and postgraduate students
• Setting, moderating, administering, processing and marking examinations
• Academic advising and mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate students.
• Articulating the Vision and Mission of the University, Department and the Faculty.
• Initiating, planning and conducting research.
• Development of teaching and learning materials.
• Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students in research activities.
Developing research proposals for funding. Participate in meetings and conferences related to research and building inter-disciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
• Participating in preparation of Department and Faculty strategic plans.
• Organizing and supervising educational activities for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
• Attending and participating in seminars, workshops, conferences etc, in relevant fields.
• Participating in administrative, academic and consultancy activities in the Department and other organizations.
• Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricula in the Department.
• Attending and participating in the Departmental meetings and other activities for effective and efficient management of the Department and Faculty.
• Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Head of department, Dean of Faculty or other Chief Officer of the University in accordance with the University statutes
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and submit their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 21st December, 2017
P.O. Box 109-60400
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. Physically Challenged People are encouraged to apply.