- Actively manage the recovery and subrogation files, to ensure maximum recovery of outstanding liabilities
- Reviewing and assessing Policies and Third Party claims taking note to prioritize the interest of the company
- Negotiating with Third Party Advocates on out of Court settlements so as to save on operational costs and minimize risk/ cases against the company.
- Extensive legal research and opinion writing on claims settlement relating to employers liability, Product Liability, and personal auto lines, taking note of the policy wordings and contracts
- Actively identify fraudulent and suspicious claim activities this would include fraudulent claims reporting
- Follow up with witnesses to attend Court, send out hearing notices where matters are actively in Court.
- Liaise with outside Counsel, brokers, agents and direct clients so as to manage AIG litigation matters in a fast and professional manner
- Prepare monthly reports on Subrogation matters and outstanding legal matters
- Other duties as assigned.
- Claims or litigation background.
- Financial experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- University Graduate – LLB
- Admission to the roll of advocates
- Professional Qualifications –
- 1 years’ working experience preferably in Insurance