• Responsible for advising the Board and Senior Management on the control and measurement of risks, develop and implement best practices in the management of risks.
• Serve on the central LRC committee and act as liaison between that and in-country executive and senior management.
• Rendering of strategic and operational advice on the legal impact of decisions.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant Acts and circulars from external stakeholders that regulate the financial services industry.
• Responsible specifically for Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing Compliance and related training for staff and the Board.
• Responsible for the overall organizational KYC “Know Your Customer” Policy and execution across the business.
• Preparing and drafting legal documents if necessary.
• Acting on behalf of the Company in contentious legal matters and representing the Company in court.
• Organizing further contact with legal practitioners to negotiate work, contracts and to gather information to assist in the preparation of case materials when needed.
• Supporting the activities of recovery closely with the Collections Team, where necessary.
• Following up on external litigation firms where applicable.
• Must have a master’s degree and a relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• At least 5 years’ experience, 3 years of which have been in a similar role in a highly regulated financial service.
• A sound understanding of Compliance programs and regulations, including Fraud Prevention, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery, Countering of Financing of Terrorism.
• Must be able to thrive under pressure.
• Must be professional and a person of high integrity.
• Must be knowledgeable about relevant legislation.
• Excellent communication skills and engaging personality.
• The ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
Monthly gross salary: Open depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline: 29th February 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.