1. LEGAL COUNSEL I. JOB GROUP M – 1 POST
(a) Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
• Providing legal advice to the CASB, County Assembly and its Committee;
• Ensuring that Bills passed by County Assembly comply with the Constitution;
• Liaising with the Office of the Attorney General on litigation matters involving
• Legal representation of County assembly and the CASB in court proceedings;
• Giving of legal opinions on matters before or relating to County Assembly and giving legal advice on commercial matters;
• Providing any other legal services as may be required by County Assembly, the Committees, the Speaker, the CASB or the Clerk; undertaking legal research on matters before the Department
(b) Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade a candidate must:-
i. Have served in the grade of Legal Counsel II Drafting Services/Litigation or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
ii. Have a Bachelor of Laws degree;
iii. Be admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
iv. Be in possession of a current practicing certificate; and
v. Be Proficient in computer applications skills.
For more information on the job description, duties and responsibilities and other requirements, visit our website; www.emcassembly.go.ke.
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, certificates, testimonials in a sealed envelopes or send to office Email ; email@example.com OR hand delivered to Elgeyo/Marakwet County
Assembly, ITEN so as to reach us on or before 26th July 2019 5:00pm to;-
County Assembly Service Board
Elgeyo/Marakwet County Assembly
P.O Box 53 -30700
EMCA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Women, Youth, Minorities and persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.