The ideal candidate Must have over 5 years’ experience in a respected
top –tier corporate practice or in-house legal department
- Managing all activities within the company’s Legal Department
- Providing legal guidance on contractual obligations during contract negotiation and implementation
- Managing contracts including drafting and reviewing
- Monitoring and ensuring regulatory and contractual compliance by the company
- Providing advice on other legal aspects that affect the business, including regulatory matters, litigation, industrial and employee relations, service level agreements with supplies etc
- Conducting legal trainings/awareness periodically within the company on relevant legal topics.
- Liaising with external lawyers on legal matters that require their support
- Reviewing insurance policies, managing insurance claims and ensuring compliance
- Liaising with external secretarial firm for filing of Annual Returns and registration/filing of any changes affecting the business at the Registrar of Companies office
- Liaising with companies within the group as appropriate on all legal matters
- Providing legal updates/alerts on new legal developments within industry or country
- Participating in employment matters e.g. disciplinary cases, redundancies, termination etc.
- Managing legal database within the function and ensuring constant update thereof and availability of relevant and necessary information to adequately support the business
- Assisting in handling immigration matters e.g. processing work permits, special passes, dependency passes, renewals and cancellations
- A bachelor’s degree in Law or relevant legal training
- Between 5 and 8 years’ experience in a respected top – tier corporate practice or in-house legal department
- Must be able to thrive under pressure.
- Must be professional and a person of high integrity.
- Must be knowledgeable on relevant legislation
- Sound knowledge on contracts management
- Sound knowledge on employment matters
- Ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to cope with prominent level of responsibility and with confidential matters
Monthly Gross salary: Ksh. 200,000 – 300,000 (Approx. 2,000 – 3,000 USD) depending on experience and qualifications.
Position Level: Upper Mid- Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th Aug 2019.
We endeavour to make contact
with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make
this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application
has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be
considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply
for positions that match your skills and experience.