Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise on, prepare and execute contracts, leases, Tenders, and other agreements affecting the company and ensure legal compliance.
- To follow up and ensure such contracts. Leases and other agreements are duly executed.
- Maintain a register of all the company’s legal documents / agreements.
- Review on a periodic basis and ensure that all the company’s legal commitments are in good standing.
- Renew and keep maintained all the Companies Licences and Permits.
- Liaise with the company’s external lawyers on a need basis.
- Oversee documentation of all staff and third-party accidents/incidents and liaise with the Insurer / Medical Providers and the labour officers in completing the process.
- Support HR Department to ensure that all the legal provisions related to employees are adhered to.
- Support the Credit Control department in drafting and dispatching Dunning Letters, through SAP ERP
- Investigate and resolve debtor discrepancies, Negotiate payoff Deadlines with slow payers.
- Plan a course of action to recover long outstanding debts.
- Liaise and follow up with the company’s lawyers, to ensure that all the legal cases, are concluded promptly.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized University
- At least 2-3 years relevant experience (good knowledge in Commercial Law)
- Membership of Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK) will be an added advantage
- High levels of integrity, Leadership/interpersonal skills, analytical as well as report writing skills and,
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Please submit applications together with a current c.v. before closing date of applications on 18th October 2019.