Assist in Providing office services by implementing legal & administrative
systems, procedures and policies. It also plays
an important role for managing, conducting, advising and controlling the
contracts and all legal matters of the Company.
(Functions and duties):
- Assist in processing
all records and preparation of the legal agenda of company in liaison
with the Head of Legal Affairs.
- Keeping all the
records for minutes of meetings along with annual general meetings with
potential share holders.
- Attend meetings with
Head of Legal Affairs to ensure proper legal norms and financial
standards of the company are met.
- Assist in monitoring
the necessary changes in regulatory management and legislation if necessary.
- Ensuring that the
company measures standards are properly complied and used perfectly
before signing new deals with the clients.
- Assist in ensuring
and maintaining the records of insured property of the company and over
dues for the same.
- Assist in maintaining
the coordination with authorities and external regulatory.
- Collecting updated
data, writing reports
- Assist in processing
the records and preparation of the legal agenda of company.
- Assist in Taking
care of company’s PR and ensuring that it works for the growth of the
- Work hand in hand
with the Head of Finance for collection of creditors to the company.
- Assist the supervisor in providing management with monthly
updates on status of implementation progress of contracted scope from
vendor, arising issues and their impact on the company’s business
- Reviewing contractual obligations of the parties and tracks the
implementation progress of the project in coordination with Technology,
Project, Operations and Sourcing teams e.g. equipment and services
delivery time lines, systems upgrades, etc
- In liaison with the supervisor, Prepare, organize and maintain
contract records and files and documenting contract performance and
compliance including equipment delivery notes, Provisional and Final
Acceptance Certificates (FAC) liquidated damages claims etc.
- In Liaison with the supervisor, provide contracts and agreements
continual review to ensure all terms and conditions are legal and are
- Prepare and disseminate information regarding contracts status,
compliance and modifications.
- Liaise with the company’s external lawyers on matters of
litigation and commercial and Keep track of all additional changes
requested throughout the life of the agreement
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to
best legal solution.
- Proactively work with the clients and the supervisor to resolve
contractual issues, interfacing with Legal authorities as needed
- Assist the Supervisor in coordinating with the Head of Finance
and alert them on vendor reaching milestones triggering payments as per
- Assess any applicable penalties, Liquidated Damages - LDs, and
service credits based on continuous performance monitoring
- Respond to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations,
revisions and any legal issues.
- Ability to draft and negotiate moderate to complex, routine
contractual terms and may conduct research to support contract audit and
or facilitate business unit contracting trends
- In liaison with the Supervisor, attend regular review meetings
with vendors and stakeholders and take any actions required to resolve
commercial and any legal issues
- Assist in developing and integrating Contract Management tools,
templates, methods and processes
- Assist in Drafting and finalizing all necessary legal document
including contracts, transfers/ assignment and assumption agreements and
- Assist in Drafting and finalizing plans for dealing with existing
liabilities, contingent liabilities and pending legal proceedings
- Assist in Reviewing Policies for compliances with Local Law.
- Any other duties as assigned
by the Supervisor
Performance Measures and
Ensuring records of
the company are updated and conform to the laws of the country.
reports in a clear and simple manner.
in the organisation’s system
Weekly departmental reports
Assets & Insurance
2-3 years of
experience as a Legal Officer/Practitioner. Experience in Litigation &
conveyance and contract/agreement drafting would be desirable.
An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
Academic: Bachelors degree in Law,
Professional: Post Graduate
Diploma in Law & Current Advocate
of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Quick books and PowerPoint
Thorough knowledge of the common rules and
regulations of a company He or she should have the deep knowledge of
corporate regulatory and company rules or norms so that can work with the
Communication and interpersonal
Attention to details
Knowledge of industry
changes in regards to issues affecting law & administration.
Ability to maintain