JOB LOCATION: TEA PLANTATIONS - NYAMIRA
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise on, prepare and execute contracts, leases, conveyances and other agreements affecting the company and ensure legal compliance thereof.
- Conceive, formulate and implement legal liabilities reduction strategies for the Company with a view of cutting legal and other costs.
- Liaise with company’s external lawyers and arrange for witnesses and relevant documents to be availed in court for successful court hearing.
- Arrange for company’s legal representation in court and in any other legal tribunal for the purpose of defending the Company.
- Oversee documentation of industrial accidents and compensation procedures right from the company’s individual unit estates and factories and to liaise with the insurance brokers, insurers, the external medical officers and the labour officers in completing the process.
- Generate statistical data on industrial accidents and court cases for analysis to enable strategic planning for future allocation of resources like safety gear and training, insurance premiums, legal fees, legal office needs, among others.
- Manage the resources and staff under the company’s legal office.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized University
- Postgraduate qualifications from Kenya School of Law (Advocate of the high court)
- At least 3 years relevant experience (good knowledge in Litigation & Conveyance)
- Membership of Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK) will be an added advantage
- High levels of integrity, Leadership/interpersonal skills, analytical as well as report writing skills and,
- Ability to work with minimum supervision