The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate World School that seeks to provide students of all backgrounds from primary to higher secondary with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterized by leadership and service.
The Academy seeks to recruit candidates for the following position:
Reports to: Senior School Principal
We are looking for a Librarian to ensure smooth running of the library. The role will be to empower students to be enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information by instilling a love of learning and reading culture in all students through provision of equitable access to information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating an environment that is conducive to active and participatory learning for users
- Assist library users to easily access information resources (print and non-print materials) and ethically use the information.
- Organizing the library collection via shelving for maximum and effective use
- Promote and develop a reading culture
- Process acquired library and bookstore resources via cataloguing and classification
- Oversee the use of all library materials and equipment.
- Encourage students and staff to use the library regularly.
- Undertake routine (daily) library procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information science
- At least 2 years’ experience in a library is essential
- Previous experience working in a school is an added advantage
- Previous experience working as a teacher Librarian is an added advantage
- Be conversant with library automation and library system(s).
Interested candidates should submit their applications through the link below and upload their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and names of at least three contactable referees via the AKDN Career Centre. The closing date for applications is March 20, 2020. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.