The Litigation Associate reports to the Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution, he/she is charged with providing high-quality legal service to all clients through offering advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
- Attend client court proceedings on time and update the client within stipulated timelines on any new developments in the matter;
- Draft and review litigation documents including pleadings, notices, affidavits & correspondence;
- furnishing legal opinions and advice on any areas of the law arising in civil & commercial litigation consultations with clients and counsel;
- Conduct negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters and administer attorney’s practice, including file management and electronic time-keeping;
- Offer advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues;
- Research on diverse range of assigned issues, documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures;
- Inform new walk-in clients of the fees to be paid before instructions are taken and the subsequent billing requirements of the firm;
- Develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals;
- Update client’s files on Clio for each allocated file with the current state of progress, comply with to dos on the Clio and ensure that all files are up to date before handing over to the Records Officer;
- Maintain clients’ physical file, ensure that they are neat, tidy and papers chronologically arranged in the correspondence, pleading dockets section;
Prepare, issue and follow up on all subsequent DRN (with full and correct particulars) raised for payments by client’s assigned to you within the stipulated days of issuance and consult HOD for any required extension requested by the client.
- Undergraduate Law Degree (LLB) OR Graduate Law Degree with upper second-class honours;
- Kenya School of Law – Diploma in Law;Admitted to the Bar as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Minimum 2 years Litigation experience in superior courts, subordinate courts and tribunals;
- Minimum 2 years Legal experience in Banking & Finance, Intellectual Property, Real Estate, Employment & Labour Relations and Corporate & Commercial Matters;
- Experience in high quality research and drafting of relevant legal documents;
- Effective negotiation and communication skills;Team player, discreet and trustworthy;
Result oriented as well as detail oriented;Strong oral and written communication skills.