- College certificate in Procurement or any related field of
- Minimum of five (5) year’s experience on the field.
- Negotiable Gross salary of Kes. 75,000.00 per month depending on
Provide general logistics support to program teams at the field
level to ensure the logistics department delivers on all aspects of the supply
chain management. Organize and assist the procurement activities relating
to custom matters and shipments of materials and equipment.
- Process and follow up import/export processing and the
- Knowledge on Customs clearing and forwarding of cargo.
- Acumen in KRA-KPA rules and
- Good knowledge and exposure with Clearing agents and Shipping
- Familiarity with the Mombasa Port and Nairobi Airport operations
- Provide efficient support and ensure success of the overall
procurement & logistics activities, while providing efficient utilization
of resources in accordance with company’s procurement procedures.
- Ensure full compliance and application of the company’s standard
procurement rules, procedures and best practices.
- Maintain procurement processes that ensure project’s effective
ability to procure and deliver quality goods and services to the requesting
- Ensure timely and quality
procurement and logistics services provision according to the project’s
- Oversee, and control
shipping and delivery of purchased goods, equipment, and supplies, as well as
their customs clearance and insurance (where required).
- Manage all logistical arrangements ensuring proper quality
control, specification compliance, monitoring and verification of deliveries,
plus timely delivery to the end user.
- Prepare regular reports on the status of the overall project
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy; follow up on
discrepancies with the initiating department; identify available suppliers for
each requisitioned item.
- Ensure to submit invoices received for the goods
delivered/services rendered to finance department after verification along with
- Establish proper recording and monthly reporting systems of all
procurement activities inclusive of updated inventory.
- Assist and monitor activities of transport fleet task to ship the
materials and equipment for the project site.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid
- Provide research, reports, documentation or analytical reports for
major purchases and/or service and maintenance items.
- Provide effective communications with the government’s offices
which deals with the company’s shipments to ensure all work is performed
accurately and effectively.
- Maintains proficiency in the operation of all necessary technology
to fulfill job requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality in the performance of the job.
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files,
typing, data entry, opening mail, and completing and processing standard
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability,
- Respond to inquiries from staff/managers regarding shipments
status, requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and pricing information.
- Implement proper filing system for Logistics and Procurement Unit.