The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating all logistical matters, ensuring on time delivery, streamlining inbound & outbound freight, shipper & carrier communication, liaising with the client’s customers by providing them with timely updates on progress of movements/clearance and responding to quotations within the stipulated timeframe.
The incumbent will report directly to the Head of Procurement & Logistics, while working closely on a daily basis in collaboration with other departments within the company in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities which include the following
1. Overseeing incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments.
2. Determining shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules from the client.
3. Inspecting loading operations to ensure compliance with specifications.
4. Monitoring deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining accurate logs of all transportation and goods.
5. Liaising with transporters/subcontractors to agree transport costs, ensure the best possible solutions are found that fits the client’s requirement.
6. Continually reviews of -freight costs, transportation rates, to ensure value for money and sustainability.
7. Streamlines shipping and transportation processes
8. Ensure transporters/subcontractors contracted in clearance, or warehousing are operating in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials.
9. Liaising with clients on the status of their shipments and clearance activities.
10. Build excellent relationships with clients who are under immense pressure by Investigating and solving customer problems and issues including documenting and reporting all updates to clients in a timely manner.
11. Communicate effectively with clients, couriers, sub-contractors and other operational departments on task at hand.
12. Create, manage and monitor the overall logistics and customer service department budgets.
13. Manage customer service activities including customer satisfaction, handling customer complaints, regulatory requirements, and quality assurance.
14. Proper filing of all documents pertaining to the above tasks.
15. Any other duties as may be assigned.
• Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or its equivalent
• Experience Level: Mid-level
• Proven working experience as a logistics coordinator
Mandatory Required Skills Sets
• Sound knowledge of Kenya- Customs Clearance procedures, international logistics experience would be advantageous
• Previous experience working in the Logistics sector with Road and Sea freight
• At least 2 years’ Experience managing logistics projects for imports and exports
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relations particularly in being customer centric.
Send your application to the following address NOT LATER than (provide the mailing address and dateline.