ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are an ethical lifestyle brand and manufacturing platform that brings together artisan communities in the developing world with consumers worldwide. Our innovative supply chain uses mobile technology to connect independent artisan entrepreneurs directly to SOKO and the global marketplace. We have designed proprietary supply chain technology that transforms the mobile phone into a powerful business tool creating a mobile phone-driven supply chain that empowers artisans in underserved communities to sustainably improve skills, manage and grow their businesses and access the global market.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that customer orders are properly received, processed and shipped in time as per the set guidelines.
- Monitoring orders post-shipment to pick up any possible challenges and delays for immediate resolution.
- Assisting in logistical processes, such as planning & shipping of customer orders as per the shipping directives.
- Ensuring that information on shipments is updated on communication tools like Asana to give visibility on shipping status to all stakeholders.
- Developing and building relationships with third party logistics partners and supervising their import/export services in order to drive efficiency and give customers a good experience.
- Overseeing the preparation of relevant documents for outgoing shipments and ensuring their accuracy
- Ensuring visibility to all stakeholders in the delivery of the orders to be shipped weekly and escalate any challenges in good time.
- Coordinating with the Sales Operations team on order requirements, stock availability and related directives,
- Providing support to the Fulfilment, Product Movement and Inventory dep departments in the development and implementation of SLAs, SOPS and COPs; giving clear guidance on processes and ensuring compliance
- Reporting of daily/monthly activities on order processing, ready to ship, cancelled, late, returns and shipped.
- Developing the capacity for managed departments to ensure they can manage high volume when the need arises without the system breaking down.
- Mapping out processes and workflow to maximize throughput and reduce labor costs within the department
- supporting the departments to develop a matrix that integrates business systems to maximize visibility of order shipments.
- Working with the inventory coordinator to devise ways of optimizing inventory management and ensuring that its accuracy and quality is maximised.
- Overseeing the implementation of the inventory tracking system to streamline SOKO business operations.
- Supporting and providing feedback to the sales team on inventory needs and its visibility on Sales and Inventory Management (SIM)
- Working with QA to resolve any client complaints that are inventory related and put measures in place to mitigate them
- Leading a monthly cycle count of the stock and report on inventory days, accuracy and variances.
- Developing and implementing inventory control procedures and best practices
- Considering both volume and cost implications, oversee the capacity building of the departments by hiring, orienting, and training of department personnel
- Establishing and implementing inventory management policies and procedures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Implementing and reporting on the 5S utilization and putting in place measures to improve performance.
- Ensuring efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments including QA, Production, design, merchandising and management.
- Developing and managing reporting tools to be shared with the Head of supply chain with a view of tracking and improving performance
- Supervising the batch tracking and reporting on a weekly basis to give an update and action plan
- Supporting the management of Ecommerce orders including shopify units and communicating with the respective parties.
- Monitoring the vrp usage and communication of any challenges encountered within the system to ensure 100% use
- Ensuring compliance with Occupational,Health and Safety policies in the fulfillment and Inventory department.
- Controlling and managing Inventory and Fulfillment department budgets to ensure that they are within the estimates
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management or equivalent
- Have at least 4 years of working experience, 2 of which should be in a supervisory role in supply chain of a manufacturing set up
- Have strong analytical and report writing skills
- Be an excellent communicator and collaborator
- Have demonstrated ability to act decisively and resolve problems
Deadline for applications is February 21, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted