Position: Logistics Manager (For a Large Manufacturing Company)
Employer: A Leading Manufacturing Company
Ref No: SGK-LM-01-2019
Job Category: Management
3-5 years working experience dealing with both incoming raw materials and dispatching of finished products.
Those who have worked in manufacturing or logistics companies will have an advantage.
Duties/Responsibilities:Reporting to Planning and Customer Service Manager, the Logistics Manager main role is to manage the efficient flow of incoming&outgoing finished products to ensure customers receive products on time&at a good cost.
- Plan and manage logistics and transportation of finished
& semi-finished goods for various company locations and customer
- Keep track of quality of goods, delivery timelines, transport costs
and efficiency of logistics function. Assess and advice on the logistics needs
for various locations.
- Plan routes and process shipments of products to and from various locations.
Meet costs, productivity and time targets for the logistics function.
- Analyse and design the logistics framework to be followed
and adhered to in all company locations.
- Work with supply chain to negotiate
shipping and supplier costs.
- Manage the company fleet of trucks both owned and
- Work with supply chain on quarterly review of
- Prepare logistics staff schedules and ensure they
follow safety rules.
- Prepare monthly reports on overall costs of transportation
and turnaround time for management.
- Plan transporter quarterly meetings.
- Resolve arising problems or complaints within the logistics function.
- Supervise, coach and train logistics workforce.
Salary: Kshs. 280,000 - 340,000 plus several company benefits