Our Client is a supplier of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables (FFV) and Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) products to vendors in urban African markets. They provide a cashless B2B system to serve a distribution network of informal retailers i.e. kiosks, small scale vendors, mama mbogas and more.
About the role
- The Logistics & Supply Chain Manager leads transport planning within the supply chain operations for the company.
- The job holder will oversee Supply Chain Logistics which covers the movement of produce from farmgate > collection center> warehouse > depot > vendors.
- The scope of this includes inbound logistics from rural Kenya to Nairobi as well as outbound logistics into a distribution network within Nairobi.
- Champion logistics solutions and process improvements on movement of goods within the supply chain
- Provide and analyze the transport and logistics costs and reporting to management and other key stakeholders with required frequency
- Manage and develop vehicle capacity to meet the growth and service needs of the company
- Interface and collaborate with sales, warehouse operations, and production to deliver solutions and provide superior customer service
- Work with the fleet team on continuous improvement or corrective action to meet or exceed service and cost metrics, goals, objectives
- Determine and manage the balance between cost, capacity utilization, and service
- Maintain expertise and knowledge with the company Supply Chain and Logistics system.
- Cost to serve as a % of revenue
- On Time and In Full,
- Technology Compliance across territories
- Net Promoter Score
Does this sound like you?
- 5+ years in logistics management
- Experience managing a fleet which comprises of a variety of vehicles from trailers > delivery vans, etc
- Demonstrated experience putting up systems to track fleet management, fuel efficiency, driver routines, etc
- A track record of putting in place effective controls to track transport and logistics activities to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives
- Execution - makes sure initiatives and tasks are carried out; monitors results and makes adjustments as needed
- Facilitates change - Tries to minimize complexities, contradictions, and paradoxes or reduce their impact; clarifies direction and smoothes the process of change
- Passion for results - works tenaciously to overcome obstacles and to meet or exceed goals
- Customer focus - Identifies breakdowns in internal processes and systems that directly impact customer service and retention; expresses concerns to others.
- Business acumen - understands the nature and interdependencies of business functions and supporting processes (People, finance, operations, etc.)
- Planning and organization - recognizes problems, takes corrective/preventive action and keeps people informed of plans, progress, and decisions
- Decision making - organizes information and data to identify/explain major trends, problems, and causes; compares and combines information to identify underlying issues
- Demonstrated experience using Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen principles