This role is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a production line, including supervision of feeders working on the machine. The machine operator operates while monitoring the process to ensure the quality, volumes, efficiency and safety of the operation. S/he is responsible for the safe operation, cleanliness, basic maintenance, and troubleshooting of the machine.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
· Effectively operate the production line to achieve set production targets.
· Supervise the feeders working on the machine to maximize output and minimize breakdowns.
· Continually check product quality, maintain records and implement preventive and corrective measures.
· Provide technical support and maintenance of equipment.
· Maximizing performance from machine through technical engineering solutions.
· Complete data sheets and other documents.
· Champion daily autonomous maintenance activities (inspection, lubrication, maintenance and cleaning )
· Ensure compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
· Makes proactive suggestions about operation methods, processes and increasing performance.
· National Diploma or Advanced Certificate in an Engineering/Technical discipline, or equivalent
· Minimum 1-year Production or Process environment
· Experience in briquetting industry and specifically Ronak/Radhe machines is preferred, but not required
· Supervisory and leadership abilities
· Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
· Cover letter explaining your relevant experience and interest in this position
· Relevant diplomas or certificates
· 1 or 2-page CV
Hard copies of the application will not be accepted at the office.