REPORTS TO: Field Operations Manager
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To maintain the camps and their assets to the highest possible standard through the use of snag lists and manager feedback.
- Project management – Manage camp projects to a high quality and within budget and timeline constraints
- To ensure an efficient, friendly and timeous delivery of service. To work in conjunction with the other managers and Asilia staff members
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- With your team, maintain, plan & clear camp snag lists in a timely, efficient & organised manner
- Ensure stocks are stored, kept up and consumptions reported on in the best possible manner
- Ensuring all staff have the correct tools for their job, including uniforms & safety equipment
- Line manage the field Operations team and their workshops / stores
- Budget responsibility for the Maintenance team, coordination of their work plan and movements between units
- Ensure all camp guest facing vehicles are maintained to a high level, ensuring vehicle services are done in a timely manner & records filed accurately with service intervals clearly indicated and followed.
- Ensure all back of house vehicles, tractors, generators as well as inverters & solar systems are efficiently maintained to a high level & serviced in a timely manner with all records being filed accurately with service intervals clearly indicated and followed.
- Maintaining an efficient stock level of service parts required for vehicles, generators & solar systems to ensure a timely fix in case of emergencies.
- Maintaining an efficient stock level of plumbing & electrical materials that may be required at camp level
- Ensure repair items are sent to the Procurement team in Nairobi in a timely fashion
- Following up with the Procurement Team in Nairobi on any items (vehicle, tentage, inverter & solar) that have been sent in for repair
- Leave planning and any other HR related matters for the Maintenance team
- Valid PSV / TSV driver’s license
- Project management skills/experience
- Detail orientated
- Deep & demonstrated mechanical knowledge
- Microsoft \word and excel skills
- All members of staff are dealt with in a polite and helpful manner at all times
- Members of staff are dealt with in a manner which maintains goodwill and respect and avoids conflict and offense
Conditions and hours of work
- You will be required to work 8 hours a day (Inc. lunch break of one hour) while on duty; these hours will be flexible and depend on the constraints and demands of the work
- You will be required to travel for work to the camps regularly