The ideal candidate Must have over 5 years’ experience working
in a similar role in the manufacturing
- Develop and Oversee the implementation of preventive maintenance for all machinery.
- Plan and manage stock and supply chain for spare parts and factory consumables to minimize downtime.
- Regular review an update maintenance protocols to ensure best practices.
- Continually analyse, identify and set expectations to motivate team members to achieve objective goals.
- Manage employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training follow current procedures.
- Continuously work to prevent and minimize downtime.
- Routinely review machinery and electrical safety to ensure the highest standards are met.
- Support the planning, installation and commissioning of new production lines.
- Identify opportunities for cost-effectively implementing redundancies.
- Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Must have good management skills with a good track record managing a small to mid-sized team including technical roles.
- Deep technical knowledge of motor-driven and hydraulic machinery.
- Good working knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Must have hands-on experience leading mechanical maintenance in a factory setting.
- Over 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing sector.
- Must have excellent management skill set passion for supporting the team.
- Initiative-taker and a problem-solver.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Self-driven, focused and goal oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 100,000 – 200,000 (Approx. 1000 – 2000 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 26th April 2019.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***