DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates plant and other machines in the company.
- Cutting, welding, grinding, electrical background (fault finding, panel wiring, construction and installation)
- Observes plant to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings.
- Maintains basic records as required during operations
- Implement maintenance program to ensure and make regular checks of machines to ensure they are operating well
- Maintain site tidiness and general good housekeeping throughout the plant
- Ensures compliance with Health and Safety procedures
- Performs a wide variety of preventative maintenance as required within the standard operating procedures of the maintenance service.
- Prepares the plant for quarterly and annual services
- Takes and keep hourly logging of plant running parameters.
- Daily stock taking of plant firing furnace fuel.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- A diploma in electrical or mechanical plant operations is an added advantage
- Must have at least 2-3 Years’ experience in an industrial environment
- Driver’s license
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Eager to learn and quick to understand new operations
- Can work with minimum supervision and independently
- Positive attitude and passionate about life
- Candidate must be living in Naivasha