ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are seeking an exceptional professional to help lead the Office of the CEO, comprised of 1-2 analysts and 1-2 managers. The Office of the CEO reflects the voice of and executes on behalf of the Executive Director. As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating effectively with external partners to marshaling resources for new internal initiatives. Managers in this office will lead a varied portfolio of projects, linked by a common theme of improving our CEO’s efficacy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading major initiatives and filling in critical gaps in the organization: The Manager in the Office of the CEO will be responsible for directly implementing priorities of the Executive Director. This could be through project work, such as analyzing retention across the organization, developing solutions to improve retention, and working across a diverse group of stakeholders to effectively implement the initiatives. It could also come in the form of heavy operational secondments, such as filling in to manage a critical department during a time of transition to ensure the CEO’s voice is reflected directly in departmental priorities.
- Executive-level communications and research: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is critical to One Acre Fund’s success. The Office of the CEO will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences through pitch decks, strategy sharing, coordinating fulfilling employee engagement, and more. The communications may also require fast analyses and research, like conducting a market sizing of smallholder farmers in East Africa or making a recommendation on how to compare dollar impact across countries of differing wealth.
- Team leadership: The Manager in the Office of the CEO will help ensure the professional development and high-quality project execution of the Analysts in the Office of the CEO. This will include serving as the bridge between the Executive Director and the Analysts, scoping projects, checking in weekly with Analysts to guide their work, and conducting bi-annual professional development reviews.
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 5+ years of work experience. We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career-track role, with a two-year minimum. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated ability in strategic and consulting contexts, e.g. working with C-suite leaders, change management, or long-term planning. Targeting former consultants (or similar skillset)
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move initiatives forward, as opposed to solely making recommendations or presentations
- Proven ability to manage team performance and develop leaders; experience in remote management a plus
- Exceptional written communicator. We are looking for clear, concise communicators who have a demonstrated ability to effectively engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external stakeholders, and organizational leadership.
- Research ability. Candidates should have experience and skills in conducting powerful secondary research
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Language: English required.
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda preferred; other locations East Africa possible for candidates with existing passport/work authorization in that location
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes, in Kigali, Rwanda only. East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.