Group is a leading Engineering Services Enterprise with Operations across East
and Central Africa specializing in Design and implementation of engineering
solutions built on innovative technology in Telecommunications, Civil /
Electrical Engineering as well as Office Automation. We are looking for a
suitable candidate to head our Project Management Office. He or she will oversee, track and control the entire project
cycle from Initiation to Implementation, Monitoring, Change Management,
Resource control, Performance Measurement, Closure, Invoicing and
Documentation, in line with the Company KPIs and both the short and long term
PMO Manager Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive officer, the PMO Manager will:
1. Ensure project management standards are implemented and followed
Develop, Implement and ensure adherence to Project Management Standards and processes through regular assessment to establish effectiveness and routinely appraise Management on current and future improvement requirements.
2. Gathering of project data and production of information
Track the status of all projects in Tescom Ltd based on updates from the project managers and standardize compilation and presentation
3. Source of guidance and advice for project managers
Provide solid mentorship to Project Managers in all project aspects regarding but not limited to Standards, Logistics, Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring, Quality / Cost / Scope Control, Change Management, Communication, Acceptance, Closure, Documentation, and Invoicing
4. Managing and facilitating the portfolio management process
Adapt the project portfolio management approach (PPM) and in particular to:
§ Capture project requests and ensuring each request has sufficient information to assess the project.
§ Keep an up-to-date repository of projects underway and requests pending review
§ Implement scoring and prioritization models to help assess which requests should be approved.
§ Manage resource forecast to help understand resource availability for projects
5. Overall project risk assessment
6. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
7. Push for prompt project closure and ensure 100% documentation availability for invoicing
8. Maintain a robust project Purchase Order and Invoice tracker and appraise Management on the same on a weekly basis.
9. Be the custodian of all resources, Software / Hardware tools and assets as allocated by Management.
10. Mentor project managers
Skills and experience
· Strong project management skills
· Well acquainted with the entire project cycle from initiation to closure especially in Telecommunications or IT
· Solid experience on project delivery
· Experience in analyzing cost/benefit of projects
· Trustworthy/honest/ self-disciplined with exemplary time consciousness
· Very good stakeholder skills
· Astute verifier and flexible decision-maker
· Exceptional communication skills
· Strong leadership/mentorship skills
· BSc. in Engineering or IT
· Certification in project management e.g. PRINCE 2/ PMP/SCRUM
· 1 Year experience in project management in IT / Telecommunication.
If you have the requisite training and experience please forward your Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org, to reach us on or before Monday 12th August 2019