Job Description – Market Controller Mombasa
Social Bites is a newly established company with sales of tasty frozen milk product targeted low-income consumers in Kenya. The business applies a unique distribution model to sell its product which centres on street Vendors. The organization is growing and is made up by a team of individuals who aspire to take the business to its next level.
Social Bites is recruiting a Market Controller to join its sales team in Mombasa. The Market Controller plays an important role in building and maintaining the brand of the company in the market. He/she does so by means of supporting and controlling the Vendors in the market. Furthermore the Market Controller will take part in the on-boarding process of new Vendors and thereby support the activities of the rest of the sales organization. The role of Market Controller is mainly field oriented and will be best occupied by individuals who prefers tasks that are all field related. In addition, the role requires the ability of the individual to analyse and communicate situations in the market. To do so requires the ability of the individual to relate with many different stakeholders in the market and to address issues that appear
A Market Controller will have following responsibilities:
- Control and supervise Vendors in the market
- Train and support Vendors in the market
- Obtain market data and analyse findings
- Plan and execute Vendor training sessions
- Recruit Vendors
- On-board new Vendors
The activities will not be limited to above and may include other activities.
The company is looking for individuals that comply with following criteria
- Between 25 and 35 years of age
- University graduate /Diploma Holder
- Prior experience from the FMCG sector. Is should be field related
- Ability to communicate and relate well with all stakeholders in the market
- Strong Math skills
- Detail oriented
- Goal-oriented and results driven
- Proactive mind-set and likes to take initiative
- Structured mind-set with ability to analyse
The remuneration will be at ksh 30,000 / month gross
The person should be living in Mombasa and /or have prior working experience from Mombasa.
Deadline for application is October 10th 2019. We will be reviewing applications as they come in.