The research assistant will assist with inhouse research. The successful market researcher will be able to conduct consumer preference tests, analyze autonomously qualitative data, trends, strategies and competition aiming at increasing competitiveness.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collecting data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidating information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understanding business objectives and designing surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Compiling and analyzing statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it. Analyze data using statistical software
- Analyze Consumer Demographics, Preferences, Needs, and Buying Habits
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports and produce substantiated recommendations.
- Prepare reports and present results to management
- Devise and design qualitative and quantitative custom market research projects
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses to identify opportunities for product expansion
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams
- Advise management on new innovations in the area of market research, and create new ways to meet the needs of a changing marketplace.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Bachelor’s degrees in fields such as statistics, math, and computer science
- A background in food science is an added advantage
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Sound Understanding of Statistical Concepts, Research Methods, and Design
- Hands on experience with statistical software
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and pressured work
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- Familiar with Social Media, Online, and Mobile Research Techniques
All applications should be done on or before close of business 16th February 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.