Department - Marketing
Reports to - Head of Academics
Liaises with - All Internal Montessori House staff and departments, Teachers, Parents, Students, external education agencies and administrators, International Schools associations and the board.
- Formulation, entrenchment and implementation of the overall marketing strategy; while driving school enrollment numbers.
Job scope and context
- To provide leadership driving the school’s visibility, and top-of-mind awareness of the school’s brand through developing impactful marketing communication channels, driving student enrollment, and promote the profile of the school.
Min Educational Requirements and work experience
- Bachelor Degree in marketing with at least five (5) years trade marketing experience; Diploma qualification in marketing will be an added advantage. Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- At least (5) years’ working experience in trade marketing or equivalent roles
Skills and knowledge needed
- Knowledge of admissions process, experience in managing budgets, and experience in driving long term relationships with active databases; experience in multiple social marketing channels, telephone sales, and corporate sales.
Passionate about children with strong regard for student and parent experience (service). Excellent customer relations skills, team player, excellence in interpersonal relationships, great systematic and methodical working culture; and high regards for results
• Marketing Strategy
I. Prepare annual marketing plans and expenditure
II. Develop partnerships with feeder schools, toddler groups, corporates and local estate agents to maximize growth opportunities
III. Drive corporate branding standards and opportunities
• Marketing Communication
I. Maintain school’s website and all social media platforms e.g. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn e.t.c.
II. Collate communication materials from all departmental heads for uploading onto relevant platforms
III. Create suitable web content, and build a comprehensive portfolio
IV. Design and maintain e-brochures and e-commerce capabilities
V. Drive relevant advertisement campaigns
• Marketing collateral
I. Develop marketing materials (brochures, posters, flyers e.t.c) for school programs, in liaison with relevant heads
II. prepare marketing collateral for schools corporate relations activities including events, exhibitions, and conferences
III. compile regular media plans
IV. selection and ordering of promotional merchandise for events, exhibitions, and recruitment drives.
V. Manage the stocks of all marketing collateral
• Events, Exhibitions & Recruitment drives
I. Proactively co-ordinate events and recruitment drives
II. Ensure prompt follow-ups by academic heads and/or school administrators on all enquiries and closures.
III. Event management - Plan for open days, graduations, prize giving days, sports days, end of term concerts e.t.c.
• Market Intelligence
I. Gather and analyze market information on trends, competition e.t.c.
• Coordinate student admission processes including (and not limited to)
I. initial contact
II. driving prospecting cold calls, and appointment based
III. proactive arrangement for school visits and tours
IV. coordinating taster days and assessments as required
V. liaison with feeder schools, corporates e.t.c. as required
VI. regular follow-ups on all admissions enquiries
VII. organize and distribute surveys for parents and students as required
VIII. send annual prospectus to corporates, and relocation agents, while fostering good relationships with them.
IX. Prepare and administer exit interviews to collate date on customer experience.
3. Public Relations
• Liaison with academic and administrative staff to request and collate information for in-house publications
• Proactively document media briefs / pressers as appropriate
• Maintain a photo library and arrange for external shoots and filming for relevant album building
• Maintain school’s PR board.