· Lead a team of admissions and marketing professionals with responsibility for the recruitment and admissions of students to the Schools as well as the marketing strategy and development of the brand.
· Drive the number and the quality of applications and accepted offers, by providing excellent customer service to the school’s external partners and prospective parents and their children.
· Marketing strategy and support to overall strategic and business objectives; Develop marketing initiatives and achieve marketing operational objectives.
· Continuous customer and market intelligence gathering, review, and analysis
· Direct market research activities in order to keep abreast of changing demographics and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues.
· Develop and implement communications and media plans that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public.
· Collaborating with relevant partners to further develop the School’s brand and position in the market as a leading Christian international school in Kenya.
· Effectively manage the School’s digital assets and develop a digital and social media strategy and plan. Plan for and deploy digital activities: website, online campaigns, email marketing, social media and digital content production.
· Design strategies and implement concrete plans to increase student applications and maintain prospectively student and family interest.
· Develops and implement strategic partnership and alliances plan to improve and strengthen collaboration between the School’s parents, alumni, partnering schools, churches, corporates, and institutions.
· Alumni communication and publicity, including print and online publications targeted at alumni;
· Events and activities, agreeing target groups with relevant staff, then ensuring that activity attracts and involves as many members of target groups as possible;
· Encourage and support academic and other departments in undertaking events and communications which will promote good alumni relations;
· Set up alumni database of local and international alumni.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or experience in a related field
· 5 years supervisory leadership/management experience preferably in a private international school environment. Experience gained working in professionally run Christian institutions would be advantageous.
· Experience of marketing, branding, PR or communications
· Good experience in managing student enrolment and registration
· Enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service and evidence of continuously driving service improvements
· Experience of effectively handling customer complaints and difficult people
· High level of multi-cultural awareness, sensitivity and relatability and the ability to interact with a wide range of different levels and sectors of society, both socially and formally,
· Good experience in writing and editorial review with a good eye for publication design
· Good knowledge of traditional and emerging branding techniques
· Experience in handling alumni relations, fundraising and events management
· Fluency in using social media effectively
· Knowledge of the Data Protection Act
· Proven experience of supervising or managing and developing an effective team in a complex environment