The successful candidate is to lead, plan, direct and implement best in class strategies for all admissions and marketing on behalf of their Schools in order to raise their visibility, advance its brand and articulate clear messaging to internal and external constituencies using traditional and digital platforms. These efforts should be driven by the need to support, catalyze and accelerate the overall School institutional objectives. The Manager will support efforts by the school leadership team to achieve the target growth and retention numbers in line with the annual budget. The post-holder reports to the Head Teacher and will work closely with the senior management team.
· Lead a team of admissions and marketing professionals with responsibility for the recruitment and admissions of students to the Schools as well as the marketing strategy and development of the brand.
· Drive the number and the quality of applications and accepted offers, by providing excellent customer service to the school’s external partners and prospective parents and their children.
· Marketing strategy and support to overall strategic and business objectives; Develop marketing initiatives and achieve marketing operational objectives.
· Continuous customer and market intelligence gathering, review, and analysis
· Direct market research activities in order to keep abreast of changing demographics and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues.
· Develop and implement communications and media plans that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public.
· Collaborating with relevant partners to further develop the School’s brand and position in the market as a leading Christian international school in Kenya.
· Effectively manage the School’s digital assets and develop a digital and social media strategy and plan. Plan for and deploy digital activities: website, online campaigns, email marketing, social media and digital content production.
· Design strategies and implement concrete plans to increase student applications and maintain prospectively student and family interest.
· Develops and implement strategic partnership and alliances plan to improve and strengthen collaboration between the School’s parents, alumni, partnering schools, churches, corporates, and institutions.
· Alumni communication and publicity, including print and online publications targeted at alumni;
· Events and activities, agreeing target groups with relevant staff, then ensuring that activity attracts and involves as many members of target groups as possible;
· Encourage and support academic and other departments in undertaking events and communications which will promote good alumni relations;
· Set up alumni database of local and international alumni.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or experience in a related field
· 5 years supervisory leadership/management experience preferably in a private international school environment. Experience gained working in professionally run Christian institutions would be advantageous.
· Experience of marketing, branding, PR or communications
· Good experience in managing student enrolment and registration
· Enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service and evidence of continuously driving service improvements
· Experience of effectively handling customer complaints and difficult people
· High level of multi-cultural awareness, sensitivity and relatability and the ability to interact with a wide range of different levels and sectors of society, both socially and formally,
· Good experience in writing and editorial review with a good eye for publication design
· Good knowledge of traditional and emerging branding techniques
· Experience in handling alumni relations, fundraising and events management
· Fluency in using social media effectively
· Knowledge of the Data Protection Act
· Proven experience of supervising or managing and developing an effective team in a complex environment