The Marketing Directors primary accountability is for Marketing and Innovation.
The Marketing Director is a key contributor to the Mid and Long-term strategy for the company. The role is responsible for extensive Portfolio Management, Innovation, Consumer Engagement, Planning, Sponsorships and Events.
Leadership responsibilities and decision making rights:
- Self Confidence & ownership – Marketing Director shows initiative and takes leading role in all aspects of marketing strategy.
- Planning & Execution Excellence – Marketing Director is able to translate strategy in to execution, and able to deliver on time in full
- People Performance – Marketing Director has to manage and coach the marketing team and create effective working relationships with other functions in the business.
- Barriers to success in the role:
- Inability to meet and manage key stakeholders expectations
- Lack of analytical skills
- Inability to translate Strategy into execution
Marketing Director Job Responsibilities
- Defining and implementing a competitive marketing strategy (per brand and for total portfolio) based on solid analysis to achieve overall business objectives short term AND long term in terms of brand strength, overall market share and business profitability
- Make a significant contribution to the overarching business strategy for the company, leading the organization both within and outside functional area
- Drive the highest standards of execution throughout the business and own functional unit, and ensure excellence in the development and execution of brand communication, media strategy and activations.
- Recruit, develop, retain and lead a team of diverse marketing talent to ensure rich internal succession cover for all key roles
- Leading the development of brand, category and portfolio strategies in consultation with Managing Director and international brand owners.
- Manage the marketing budget in utmost effective and efficient way
- Converting deep local consumer insights into value generating propositions for the company’s brands and portfolio
- Coaching and mentoring local team across entire spectrum of the company’s way of brand building elements from Insight Generation & Application through to elements such as Pricing, Brand Tracking, Packaging Design and Communication Development etc.
- Identifying and developing the company advertising objectives, media strategy and working with the Advertising Agencies to create and roll out effective brand campaigns that reinforce the company brands positioning, create demand for the company’s brands, grow market share and grow profitability for company
- Regulating and maintaining strong relationships with external providers, specifically media, advertising, RM/Digital, PR, promoter and specialist agencies.
- Leading consumer and market research, generate deep insights based on 360 analysis, translate into strategies and execution
- Lead thorough assessment of competitors’ brands and overall strategy
- Develop innovations and Identifying new trademarks and ensure they are registered by the company.
- Driving the measurement of market impact and effectiveness through brand health, competitive share and brand profitability and (re) directing strategies to influence these dimensions.