JOB POSITION SUMMARY
The Marketing & Revenue Manager is responsible for both strategic and tactical initiatives related to marketing of the hotel, distribution of the rooms’ inventory and revenue maximization. As a member of the Marketing and Revenue Management Department, you will have the opportunity to set strategic direction, determine pricing, create promotions, and explore new distribution channels.
You will be a ‘numbers driven’ person who owns the implementation of a marketing and distribution strategy. You will have exposure to senior management and work closely with the Managing Director and with the Reservations team.
Experience in hotel revenue management is important to the success of this role. Candidate must have excellent analytical skills and must fully comprehend the travel industry distribution landscape. This includes Website, OTAs, GDS, Channel Manager and PMS (property management systems).
MARKETING & REVENUE MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop sales & marketing strategies
and room's distribution strategies
- Develop, monitor, and adjust sales and pricing
strategies in consultation with the Managing Director
implement appropriate hotel inventory distribution strategy; maintains accurate
rates and inventory allotments with respect to OTAs/GDS/Website/Travel Agencies
and the PMS in a timely manner to promote rate parity throughout all booking
- Maintain data and pricing integrity across
all distribution channels.
- Load all rates in OTAs, GDS, Website and
- Manage tactical execution of the marketing
strategies in liaison with the digital agency.
- Engage international and local travel
agencies. Ensure good relationship with
these agencies to drive better room reservations and thus sales. Ensure
contract rates have been circulated on time.
- Manage all customer room booking enquiries and
forward all other enquiries to the front office.
- Draft and schedule regular press releases
to local and international press.
- Ensure that all content on website is
current and updated
- Manage social media posts and responses.
- Conduct competitive analysis to better
inform your sales, marketing and distribution strategies.
- Candidate should be a degree holder
preferably in Hospitality or Business or other related field.
- Candidate should have 2-4 years of
successful marketing and/or revenue management experience at a hotel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
skills and the ability to work well with co-workers, hotel guests and the
- Attention to detail and organizational
skills are a must.
- The right person for this position will
have a demonstrated ability to lead initiatives and show skills in follow up,
multi-tasking, leadership and accountability for team actions.
- High integrity and honesty that can be
demonstrated through referral checks.