We're looking for someone who has that mix of analytical ability to make smart, data driven decisions, operational prowess to design and execute on large projects, and sound business judgement to bring it all together in a commercially effective way. We’re also excited to work with someone who brings deep attention to detail to their work, combined with a passion for top-notch customer experiences, and the emotional intelligence required to collaborate with many different types of internal and external stakeholders. This is the ideal role for someone who has experience building out complex processes, who's obsessed with tinkering and iterating to obtain operational excellence and ‘Uber’ quality throughout the customer's experience.
The Kenya team exists to build world class operations through scale and operational excellence. This team will tackle some of Kenya’s most complex problems, in close collaboration with SSA functions. These problems often involve difficult analysis with large data sets, tough strategic decisions and close collaboration with many different stakeholders, and the solutions can have game changing impact. For a tenacious truth seeker, with exceptional attention to detail and a desire to manage multipart projects at national scale, this is the team for you.
Kenya Marketplace Operations Manager specifically looks at how to make our EATS marketplace fast and reliable at the lowest possible cost, while keeping our restaurant and delivery partners active and engaged. The role will require to dive into issues such as the processes for restaurant onboarding and account management; the delivery partner funnel, pay and incentives; and the end to end customer experience from order to delivery. The Marketplace Operations strives for optimal marketplace settings; you will develop the strategy and playbook that underpin day to day marketplace operations.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll scale processes and build solutions to reduce risk and improve the customer experience for consumers, restaurant and delivery partners
- You’ll look for opportunities to standardize, optimize and automate to promote rapid scale and efficiency
- You’ll collaborate with all other functional teams in the country and SSA region to get input and buy-in to scale the market efficiently, including the City Operations and Sales teams, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Legal, Communications, Strategy & Planning and People Operations.
What You’ll Need
- 5-8 years of business management, customer operations or related experience in a rapidly changing environment. Evidence of complete ownership of a multifaceted project with many stakeholders highly valued.
- Masters Degree in a quantitative subject or MBA preferred
- Strong analytical ability: Evidence of effective modelling to facilitate decisions; ability to draw key insights from analysis; knowledge of SQL; experience with other statistical packages or basic programming skills is highly regarded.
- Strong commercial acumen: Clear understanding of our marketplace including core metrics and levers to drive value for consumers, Restaurants, Delivery Partners and our own business. Ability to develop sensible principles that underpin decision making beyond tactical short term rationale. Ability to zoom out to consider broader business and customer impact in the long term.
- End-to-end process ownership: Understands what a robust process looks like and can build, iterate and automate process in a scalable and efficient way.
- Effective collaboration and communication: Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate across a wide variety of functions and levels, from communication to execution.
- Pursues perfection without compromising on execution: On things that truly matter, someone who is fastidious about making sure we get the answer right. Even with a robust, detailed and effective process, still executes at a reliable pace. Excited to tackle large, complex initiatives that may move slowly because of high risk and/or multiple stakeholders.
- Passion for customer experience: Curiosity and empathy for our users across consumers, Delivery Partners and Restaurant Partners. Understands how, when and why to incorporate qualitative insights into decision making.